Choosing your pillowcase must be a challenge. Aside from being scared that you might spend your money on the wrong one, it may also cause irritating skin problems.
A bamboo pillowcase can be the answer to your question! Since bamboo pillows are antifungal, they are good for people suffering from acne, for example. This type of pillowcase is also great for absorbing moisture and taking away hot air, making your head dry and cool.
However, not all pillowcases made with bamboo have the same quality. So, we've selected eight of the best types for you to take a look at first when choosing the right bamboo pillowcase for you.
- Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillowcase
- Cosy House Collection Bamboo Pillowcase
- Cariloha Classic Bamboo Pillowcase
- Bamboo Bampure Pillowcase
- Zen Bamboo Ultra Soft Pillowcase
- Vegan Silk Bamboo Pillowcase
- Niagra Sleep Solution Bamboo Pillowcase
- EMME Bamboo Pillowcase
Take a look at these bamboo pillows and pick your favorite!
1. Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillowcase
This type of bamboo pillowcase allows your pillow to be cleaner because of its zipper feature. It is cozy and breathable that can help you sleep on your summer nights.
- Machine washable
- Soft and durable
- Zipper needs maintaining to avoid damage
- Not sustainable enough
- Contains 43% viscose only
2. Cosy House Collection Bamboo Pillowcase
This pillowcase gives you a luxury look and at the same time a smooth feel! This bamboo cover wicks the heat from building up as you sleep. It stays cooler than cotton.
- Breathable and crisp fabric
- 60% bamboo and 40% microfiber
- Very thin
- Wrinkly after using for some time
- Color might fade
3. Cariloha Classic Bamboo Pillowcase
With a fabric coming from the viscose of bamboo, this pillowcase is cooler than cotton! Cariloha offers a very soft type of pillowcase to satisfy your comfort. In addition to that, viscose fabric helps decrease skin irritations.
- Wicks away moisture
- Shrinks over time
- Might get pilly after washing
- Wrinkly if used too much
4. Bamboo Bampure Pillowcase
This pillowcase is made from pure and organic bamboo. Just like Cariloha's, this pillowcase is produced from bamboo viscose which was grown from an environment that is free from any harmful chemicals. 100% safe!
- Very breathable
- Has silky satin texture for extra softness
- May wrinkle upon washing
- Tends to heat up fast
- Less durable
5. Zen Bamboo Ultra Soft Pillowcase
If you are looking for a soft pillowcase that can make your head cool whenever you use it, try this one! This pillowcase is made from 60% brushed microfiber and 40% bamboo. This can guarantee your satisfaction!
- Silky smooth to make you feel comfy
- Very easy to clean
- Can still have very little wrinkling
- A bit less eco-friendly compared to other bamboo pillowcases
- Can shrink over time
6. Vegan Silk Bamboo Pillowcase
Bamboos have similarities in terms of properties with silk. This pillowcase is made from bamboo lyocell which is the reason why it is so smooth. It is best from summer days to winter days, plus the zipper on it makes your pillow secure and tight.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Gentle for your skin and good for your hair
- Can wrinkle
- Available in one color only
- May pill a little bit
7. Niagara Sleep Solution Pillowcase
Produced from 100% Rayon derived from bamboo, this waterproof pillowcase may be the one for you. It has an ultra-smooth texture that will truly give you a comfortable sleep at night. This is also a zippered-type pillowcase to keep your pillow away from any dirt.
- Very absorbent
- Soft and silky
- Initial bad odor after opening the package
- Might make the pillow hot
- The placement of the zipper might be uncomfortable to some
8. EMME Bamboo Pillowcase
This pillowcase is also 100% made from bamboo viscose fabric. It is very smooth and silky to touch and it adds this elegant look to your bed or couch. The design of this pillowcase will ensure your beauty rest!
- Perfect for frizzy hair
- Friendly on your skin
- Envelope closure end design
- Not as durable as the other pillowcases
- Might sag over time
- Not that easy to wash
Bamboos are naturally antibacterial which makes them a great choice for a pillowcase. Although there are many other types of a pillowcase, bamboo can be reliable because of its fibers that can absorb moisture. In addition to this, the good quality of bamboo can help you to take care of your skin.
There are no perfect pillowcases. It is a matter of choosing what suits your pillows best. Each of the recommended pillowcases above will surely match your taste!
Since you are here, you might consider reading: